Case Study – Ypers
Redesign their outdated, static wordpress site and create a new, responsive e-commerce site with an expandable platform.
Launched in June of 2019, Ypers has seen steady growth, including a 338% increase in total traffic. Creating a well-structured site, user-friendly navigation, good relevant content, optimized copy and images helped to see 30% increase in time on page, 170% increase in organic traffic.
Whenever we are tasked with a website redesign, our first step is to complete a web audit of the companies existing website identifying strengths and weaknesses. We sit down and discuss the company’s goals and objectives for the new site. We develop a well-planned strategy and consult with our clients through each phase of development. Below is a collection of old and new site comparisons with a brief summary of what was done.
- The old site (above) was static, the new (right) is a scalable e-commerce website.
- The new side and top drop-down navigation enable visitors to easily find the pages they are looking for. Main product categories with featured products are displayed right on the homepage. They include a product thumbnail image, description, regular price as well as bulk discount pricing.
- Rotating banner images feature detailed product application images highlighting the product’s use in solving the customers’ problems.
- Homepage features a 10% discount for new customers
- At the bottom of the page, there is a chat popout to provide instant assistance for visitors.
Category page comparison
- Left sidebar navigation and product filter by price, free shipping on safety products side banner
- Sub-category featured products are displayed with a product thumbnail image, description, regular price as well as bulk discount pricing.
- Top promotional banner with product discount and value proposition icons.
- Heading and copy optimized for search engines and user experience
- At the bottom of the page – email signup
Adding blog (below)
- Adding product relevant blog articles as part of the content strategy
- Right column navigation and list of recent blog posts on the article page, popular tags
- Product images and links to product buying pages
- Reasons to buy banner highlighting value propositions and discounts