Case Study – Ypers
Redesign their outdated, static wordpress site and create a new, responsive e-commerce site with an expandable platform.
Launched in June of 2019, Ypers has seen steady growth, including a 338% increase in total traffic. Creating a well-structured site, user-friendly navigation, good relevant content, optimized copy and images helped to see 30% increase in time on page, 170% increase in organic traffic.
Whenever we are tasked with a web redesign, our first step is to complete a web audit of the companies existing site identifying strengths and weaknesses. We sit down and discuss the company’s goals and objectives for the new site. We develop a well planned strategy and consult with our clients through each phase of development. Below is a collection of old and new site comparisons with a brief summary of what was done.
- The old site (above) was static, the new (right) is a scalable e-commerce site.
- The new side and top drop down navigation enables visitors to easily find the pages they are looking for. Main product categories with featured products are displayed right on the homepage. They include a product thumbnail image, description, regular price as well as bulk discount pricing.
- Rotating banner images features detail product application images highlighting the product’s use in solving the customers problems.
- Homepage features a 10% discount for new customers
- At the bottom of the page there is a chat popout to provide instant assistance for visitors.
Category page comparison
- Left side bar navigation and product filter by price, free shipping on safety products side banner
- Sub category featured products are displayed with product thumbnail image, description, regular price as well as bulk discount pricing.
- Top promotional banner with product discount and value proposition icons.
- Heading and copy optimized for search engines and user experience
- At the bottom of the page – email signup
Adding blog (below)
- Adding product relevant blog articles as part of content strategy
- Right column navigation and list of recent blog posts on the article page, popular tags
- Product images and links to product buying pages
- Reasons to buy banner highlighting value propositions and discounts